OpenSourceResearch collaboration (OSRC) continue its educational program with a new workshop for young researchers in low-and middle-income countries.
The next workshop will be held in Jammu and Kashmir province in India.
The two-days workshop is a new collaboration between OpenSourceResearch orgnaisation and Govt Medical College Srinagar.
The workshop will be held on the 28th-29th October. Five well-known experts speaker will join the OSRC facilitators to talk about:
The full program and the registration form will be available on our website in the coming few weeks.
One of the aims of OpenSourceResearch is to reduce the expanding gap between developed and developing countries. This can be achieved through continuous education of researchers and to-be researchers from low-and middle-income countries.
The inclusion of low-and middle-income countries in generating scientific knowledge will increase generalizability of research results.
Other subjects covered in this workshop will be:
The workshop was included open discussions and group exercises.
To allow more participants to benefit from the workshop, OSRC decided to run it as a hybrid workshop with possibilities to attend physically or online.
Members of Open Source Research organisation can join free of charge.
More details will be presented on our website in the coming few weeks.
Professor Niki CHRISTOU, MD, PhD, Docent, France
Professor of General Surgery, Medical School, Limoges, France
Digestive surgeon-Consultant, Digestive Surgery Department, University Hospital of Limoges, France
• Master degree, Life Science and Health, “Health Department”, Medical School, 2011
• Inter-university diploma, Visceral Traumatology, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (69), 2012
• Master degree, Surgical Sciences Cancerology, University Paris Est Créteil Val de Marne (U.P.E.C) (94), 2013
• Inter-university diploma, Endocrine Surgery, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (69), 2015
• Post-graduate diploma (DES) in General Surgery, Medical School Limoges, 2015
• Diploma in Medicine with the specialty as surgeon (MD), Medical School Limoges (87), 2015
• Post-graduate diploma (DES) in Oncological Surgery, Medical School Limoges, 2016
• PhD in Science – Biology, University of Limoges, 2017 – “Colorectal cancer stem cells and a new diagnostic, prognostic and theranostic biomarker of aggressiveness”
• Post-graduate diploma, Digestive Surgery, Medical School Limoges (87), 2017
• Inter-university Diploma, Clinical Research Investigator, Medical School (87), Limoges, 2020
• Docentship Biology – Health, University of Limoges (87), 2021 – « Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches, Université de Limoges, 2021 » : « accreditation/authority to supervise research »
• Medical student, Medical School Limoges (87), 2003-09
• Resident in Surgery, Digestive Surgery, 2009-2015
• Certificate of full registration as a Doctor in medicine with specialist registration as a general surgeon, General Medical Council, France, October 2015
• “Chef de Clinique” : “Clinical Head Assistant”(CCA), Endocrine, General & Digestive Surgery Department, University Hospital Limoges, 2015-2018
• Consultant Competition Award, France, February 2017
• Academic Clinical Research Fellow, Surgery Digestive Department, Colorectal Surgery Unity, Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland, 2018-2019
• Consultant, Endocrine, General and Digestive Surgery Department, University Hospital Limoges and Saint-Junien Hospital, 2019-2020, France
• Certificate of full registration as a Doctor in medicine with specialist registration as a general surgeon, General Medical Council, United Kingdom, March 2020
• Associate Professor, Endocrine, General and Digestive Surgery Department, University Hospital Limoges, France September 2020
• Colorectal surgery fellowship with academic clinical research, November 2020- November 2021 Surgery – University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, United Kingdom
• Professor of General Surgery, University Hospital of Limoges, France, May 2022
Jara Pascual, MBA and Master of Telecommunication Engineering, is founder and CEO of Collabwith, an author and an entrepreneur focused on innovation. Collabwith is an online platform bringing people together and encouraging collaborations online and offline. As board member of the Forum Knowledge4Innovation, her voice is heard regularly at the European Parliament discussing the topics of female investment, digitalization, from Lab to Market and academia-industry collaboration. She is also the host of the Innovation Podcast “Business of Collaboration”. Chair of the WG Innovation Ecosystems at AIOTI and Co-founder EuroSpaceHub. She writes about innovation and collaboration management for different online magazines, is a telecommunications engineer and has worked for 15 years in Innovation Management doing transformational innovation culture and projects in a number of Fortune 500 Companies and R&D Labs.
Lead of CollabWith Jara Pascual, Spain
Dr. Pawan Mathur, colorectal surgeon and lecturer, UK
Consultant General, Colorectal & Minimally Invasive Surgery Royal Free London Foundation Hospitals NHS Trust.
Honorary Senior Lecturer UCL
1984-1990 Medical School, St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School
1995 FRCS II Royal College of Surgeon England
2002 FRCS III (Gen Surg) Royal College of Surgeon England
2002 MS University of London
Alaa El-Hussuna, lead OSRC